Friday, June 27, 2008

Live a Little



Its slightly over 2 years to the day since I had a brush with death, I blacked out during my karate class in June 2006.
After doing some light warmups and stretching, Mickey the instructor made us do laps around the badminton hall. After
the short runs, I felt very lightheaded and as we were filing up in rows, the whole world around me started to shake
and I felt a huge blackness engulfing me which was very comforting. I closed my eyes.

I heard small voices and still felt like sleeping but the voices were stronger and people were patting my face.
When I came to, 2 of my mates were holding me and preventing me from swallowing my tongue. I had fallen flat on
my face and chipped off my front left incisor,my nose was a bloody mess with the cartiledge broken and there was
a bump (baluku) on my forehead. I called John,my brother, who is a senior doctor at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. He rushed
over in 5 minutes and checked my vital signs. I felt more concious of my appearence than my physical condition
or whether I had a concussion. My kids saw me being carried up but when I came to I wanted to continue but
was dissuaded by my brother. He was great, there when I needed him.

I had my medical check with blood test just 2 months before and results seemed OK. I took an MRI a few days
later for any internal bleeding and had my teeth fixed. I am thankful to God that things seem OK now, but one thing
is for sure. Life is fragile, unpredictable and short.

Live a Little.
Laugh Some.
Do Things which you Enjoy (getting paid for it is even better !)
Spend time with the people you Love

No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...