Thursday, April 26, 2012

Target : Lose 5 kg by this year end



     Thats me just 3 - 4 years ago (2008) when my wife bought me a nice Zegna shirt, which showed off the lithe frame I used to have. Since then, my weight has increased about 1kg a year. Many people make excuses like "Oh its the middle age spread", that means that your basic metabolism slows down thus making it diffcult to burn off excess calories, for the same dietary input. You may eat the same portions, but the weight just goes up. The additional weight does my heart and lungs no favours, so the more lightweight I am the better it is for me. 

So my goal this year, is to break 70 kg. I am 74 kg now, and I will do it by sheer willpower, exercise and less snacking.

    I have done this before in 2002 - 2005 and I was weighing a slender (to me 66 - 67 kg). I felt energetic and motivated, running 10 - 14 km 4 - 5 times a week, waking up at 5 am and hitting the road. It was a tremendous feeling after the run, all sweaty, and then going for a nice cool bath or dip in the pool. I literally seized the day back then for 5 years or so. 

    The feeling of being so alive is wonderful. 

No comments: