Friday, April 6, 2012

Taking the Great Leap Forward











         When you run your own business, you know one thing for certain. No one owes you anything. You need to go out and secure the orders and bring food to the table to not only yourself but also to the staff reporting to you.

          Its never easy, and there are many scary parts, managing cash flow, reporting profits year on year or if there is a loss one year, double up efforts to turn around the business else, it will go one way only after that  - down. Howeverer, if the lucky breaks come and you are in the right place and at the right time with the correct strategy, you will be rewarded magnificently - far, far more than all the rest of your cohort who went out and worked for an employer as they would also run the risk of being retrenched, and in the later years, would be in difficult positions to get rehired, due to their age. I personally know of 3 friends who 'made it big' amassing more than US$ 20 million each in assets so far  and they are all businessmen.

      One is my business partner, the other 2 are my university classmates who never excelled academically, but came out and started their own businesses early and were able to ride the events management (read managing of Trade Shows) and money markets respectively.

        I have never regretted my decision to setup my own business and encountered one breakup in my previous company in 2002, a  'failure' in the sense that the partners who went into the business never felt that through all the sacrifices put in, the monetary rewards were satisfying. We were struggling because of an outdated model, so I decided to leave and setup my own 'show'. 100% by myself, with no bank loan, or partners, just my life experience and a strong desire to succeed much more than before.

       "Failure is the mother of success. If you haven't tasted extreme failure, how can you savour success to its sweetest taste ?'

        Seize the Day my friends. Savour Life and Go out there are make something of your Life.
 

No comments: