Friday, April 19, 2019

Shito Ryu Kata Sanchin - Inner Strength




This Kata is about the correct breathing technique, controlled strength, body posture and balance.

I recall about 10 years ago when my elder son Noel was studying at the Independent school at Buona Vista area, my neighbours and I did a car pooling each week, so I would drive 1 week and then the other 2 mothers would alternate the next 2 weeks. It was hard getting up at 6.00 am and sending the boys off I believe at 6.40 but we all did our part and for me, when I woke up at say 5.50 am, I would be really 'stoned' or spaced out ; to get the oxygen into my system, I would practice twice the Kata while Noel was having his breakfast and I would be all fired up, focussed for the drive from our house, via the Bukit Timah, Evans Road, Holland Road, Buona Vista Road East and on to Dover Road. 

The kata enabled me to get up to my mental and spatial alertness very quickly.  

No comments: