Sunday, April 7, 2019

Tonight at 11pm (3 pm UK time) History will be Made ; FA Cup Semi - Final


With my Wolves Retro Shirt at the Driveway of my House 

I am a 'born again' fan of the Wolverhampton Wanderers. For almost 40 years, (bar the League Cup win over Aston Villa in 1980) Wolves have not won anything significant to date. 

So I am just so happy and excited as a  secondary schoolboy (yes I started following them when I was in Sec 1 or 13 years of age somewhere in 1975) that for the FIRST time in almost 20 years Wolves have reached the Semi-Finals of a domestic cup, the Football Association Cup or (FA Cup) and will pit their skills against a dominant Watford FC.

If Wolves can surmount the tough challenge (note that they have beaten 2 great clubs enroute to the Semis, namely Liverpool and Manchester United), then they will be in the Final for the first time in almost 60 years !

Thats even older than me !

I wait with bated breath and nervous anticipation. Can we do it ? Our boys are in top form but MUST stop the onslaught of a physical Watford.

The strikers are much on target recently, Jota has scored almost a goal a game except for the loss to Burnley since December and Jiminez has scored 15 goals in all competitions.For backup, there is the ever dependable Ivan Cavaleiro and the wonderboy Adama Traore.

The midfield must dominate over Watford's and Neves, Moutinho, Dendonker with support from Doherty and Johnny rannk among the best in the Premier League WHEN they play well.

Back 3 is also very very solid, Coady is knocking on England's door, while Boly and Bennett or Saiss are so so dominant they kept out Man Utd's top strikeforce of Lukaku, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Ramos. If they can remain as strong, I have no doubt they will keep a clean sheet because John Ruddy at the back is as solid as a rock.  

My prediction : Wolves to win 2 - 0.


No comments: