Saturday, June 8, 2019

The Best Time for a Hard Run is a Rainy Morning or Evening 6th June 2019

Pensive after a hard 7 km run ; 6.50 pm  

Like the famous country singer, Eddy Rabbit, " I love a rainy night", I love a drizzly evening. Last Thursday, 2 evening's ago, it rained for the most of the afternoon, and I took the time to get off early from work and cap 2 rounds at the West Coast Park starting at 5.44 pm and finishing roughly at 6.30 pm for about 7 km.

The park is quite deserted, what with the slight drizzle which has cooled the roads which have soaked up all the heat of the day. Only a few people are in the park, kindred spirits like myself and I was in my element coming back from a short bout of 'flu just 1 week ago.

It felt really good to be back running and leaving a sweat trail, soaked to the bone in sweat and rain. 

Now, I have a 100 plus in hand, and cool down by the empty tennis court.

What a great feeling. 
  

No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...