Sunday, June 9, 2019

Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice



Coming up the escalator turn to your right, the stall is there 


White Chicken, with some cucumber and some pickle 

This chicken rice made it to the Micheline Bib Gourmand list so I thought I'd give it a try one of the lunches when I was dining alone.

There was a short queue of about 5 people, so after 5 minutes I got to try the chicken rice. To be honest as a Singaporean, this chicken rice was rather average. The rice did not have the chicken stock smell, although the rice grains were individually apart, it tasted rather dry.

The chicken was tasty, though for $3.50, I guess it would rate as a 6 upon 10.

Would I bother to make the effort to go there and eat its chicken rice ? No.

There are literally hundreds of stalls dotted all over Singapore, not to mention restaurants and Member Clubs, serving Hainanese Chicken Rice

The offering of this dish is so competitive, that even a Bib Gourmand (Tiong Bahru stall) would in my book not rate at the top 10 of the Chicken Rice places to dine

  


No comments: