Tuesday, June 25, 2019

The image to last a lifetime

Circa 1987 just after my Graduation 
This is one picture which is priceless to me. My family photo taken at my graduation somwhere around September 1987. The photographer was the then famous Joe Wong (My Mum's friend) who was based in Tiong Bahru. 

I had just graduated in June that year, with a Bachelor of Engineering Degree from the National University of Singaopore. My brother John was probably in his 2nd year of Med school. My father Geoffrey was dressed in his legal robes when he would attend court and my Mum Anna wore her favourite green dress. My guess she would be 57 that year and my father would have been 68 years of age.

I had that rather cheeky smirk of a young upstart who thought he knew it all. The trouble with time is that it flies in a blink of an eye and since that day when I was the smirky young engineering graduate till now, a young old man all of 57, the days and years have gone by. We have raised 2 fine young men, who are still in University, both my parents have passed on and I am still trying to make it as a manageable business person or entrepreneur.  

This photo is 32 years old which makes both John and myself ancient !!!  

Seize the Day. 

No comments: