Friday, August 25, 2017

Happiness can be ... a bit of many things,events, people. Today it is watching my boyhood team beat Premier League Southampton 2-0 in the Carabao (League Cup)



      There are small victories every single day. Securing orders big and small, managing the team with a fiery and concerted pitch on what to do, focus and the satisfaction of coming out of a bad downturn with each and every month. This is 'fighting in the trenches business Singapore style'. No one is going to pay for my retirement, for my old car's COE extension, for my daily expenses and for my children's education overseas. So many unpredictabilities in this world.

      Some things like the best things in life, are free. Like this period when my boyhood team Wolverhampton Wanderers are playing the best football in years, having won 3 League games and 2 Cup games so far this season. Only one loss last week to Cardiff at home.
I am back to when I was 14 - 16 years old, the romantic notion that life was filled with possibilities and knowing (or not knowing) what the future lies ahead, except that it would all be good.

     Today the feeling is like that ; when I watched the game played by the Wolves against Southampton. Something evoked the past memories of pure unbridled joy ; of watching a team some 3,000 km away in dreary England in the Midlands and enjoying each beautiful pass, great save from the 'keeper and 2 opportunistic goals.

     The manager Santos is a magician ; he has given the team something no one in the last 20 years has ; a fervent hope that Wolves will finally make it to the big Premier League next season. Its a long 10 months away. 

     Who knows ? I just am happy for their win on Wednesday 23rd.  

No comments: