Saturday, August 26, 2017

Still Running

Happy me posing for a selfie 

I'm pleased to report that I still can and will be doing runs of 10K or longer. Although I am months shy of 55 I think that age is a number and as long as I eat healthy I can try to maintain my running standard and pace. Today 26th August 2017 was the first time in a long while that I tried and completed a 10K, so I feel extremely satisfied. I started at the East Coast Park Ski Park and did 2 laps from Ski Park all the way to NSRCC and return back. I started at 10:45 am and finished at approximately 12:10pm in the afternoon. The weather was extremely hot and humid with little shade after 11 am. Just the kind of killer weather only mad dogs, Englishmen and myself would attempt to be out, let alone run 10K. 


My time of 1 hour 24 minutes is nothing to shout about, but as this was my first 10K in a long while, I will use this as a benchmark to improve on my time to reach my target of below 60 minutes per 10K. My immediate goal is to reduce 3 - 4 kg of body fat and attain a weight of about 73kg. I will give myself 3 months to attain that. My running goal would then be to race 1 marathon this year, most probably the Penang International in November.

Work-life balance is all important so I will aim to set aside time every day to exercise, in particular to start running at least 5K every day. No mean feat for a 55 y.o. but when I have a goal set, I aim to reach it.

Seize the Day ! 




No comments: