Monday, January 2, 2017

The First Years Video 1 ; Adis Road 1963 - 1966



      This was recorded by my late father Geoffrey and using his Cine camera which was 'state of the art then' ; it shows my first steps as a baby, my grandfather (an Anglican priest) Aruputhan Abisheganaden, the garden, my dog Scamper and some neighbourhood children pulling leaves. My mother is dressed in red, and I was playing in some inflatable canoe in the verandah where I spent most of my infant and toddler years. There is some footage of our first dog, a cocker spaniel called Trixie. 

        My Por Poh (Mum's mother), Mdm Wen  can also be seen in her cheongsam. The video ends with all of us going into the Simcar for a ride into town. 

       Please excuse the shaky recording of this video which was taken 50 odd years ago !

       Thank you to Youtube and modern video editing technology.  

No comments: